14 December 2008

One Week To Go - More Or Less

The time is going quickly and I have about a week left before my trip commences. On Monday I'll check in again with the local port agent and get a confirmation on the ship's schedule. Right now we're looking at a departure date from Singapore of 22 December.

My preparations are pretty much completed. My landlord generously agreed to a two-month extension to my current lease. Originally it ran through the end of May, but we agreed to extend it through July to provide me a bit more time to get reorganized when I return in late April.

This weekend I've been making some last minute purchases and starting my packing. Fortunately I'm pretty well equipped from other trips.

The rest of the week will be occupied with all the mundane little tasks, like canceling my cable, getting cash for the trip, prepping my apartment, and probably one or two important things I've completely overlooked.

On a side note, I was suffering from a minor respiratory infection last week but the antibiotics have cleared that up nicely. The biggest inconvenience was the associated fatigue.


No comments: